Why join Chichester u3a
To participate in the activities of our local U3A group you must register to become a member. We also ask members to pay a small annual subscription – a donation to our charity to cover the administrative costs of running our local group. Once registered you can enjoy so many benefits:
As a member you can participate in any of our Interest Groups (subject to space), or you may want to launch your own Group and our Groups Team will help you do this. These groups meet either via Zoom or in person (when possible).
There are also regular local events open to all members, such as:
• Monthly Meeting with Speaker (on Zoom when necessary)
• Coffee mornings, and Virtual Coffee Mornings on Zoom
• Annual Christmas Dinner
• … and a range of other social events
Trips and Outings
We also organise Trips and Outings. Past trips include visits to the Houses of Parliament, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Jane Austen’s House and the Watercress Line, and a Summer Cruise to Lymington and Buckler’s Hard.
As a member of Chichester u3a you have automatic membership to our regional association Sussex u3a Network (SUN) which provides a range of Study Days, Events, and Workshops, normally on a Saturday, with university-standard lecturers at various venues across the county.
We know it’s important to keep you informed about the latest Chichester u3a news, so there are several ways we will keep you up-to-date:
• Weekly email Bulletin with details of upcoming events and new Groups
• As a Group member you receive regular emails from the Group Leader
• If you are interested in what’s going on nationally you can subscribe to the Third Age Magazine (TAM)
Our Chichester u3a is run entirely by our members who volunteer in a wide range of different ways. If you have time on your hands and would like to help out and make our local group even better click here to contact the Chair
How to Join Chichester u3a
Our annual membership subscription is £18 per person (or £14.50 if you are a full member of another local u3a group). Payment is due by 1st September each year (for new members joining after 1 June the subscription will cover the following year).
New members, please complete your application form here:
▪ Our preferred option is to complete an online form and Pay Online by credit/debit card (PayPal)
▪ Alternatively use our online form for other payment methods
If in doubt, click here to email our Membership Team
Return to Membership