Dear Chichester U3A member,
To see the last six or so bulletins, click here
Ongoing Treasury Operations
Please contact our Chair, Andrew Walker, email@example.com for urgent matters relating to Treasury matters, payment of bills, paying in etc. whilst we are without a Treasurer – otherwise please continue to process transactions in the normal way. Bookkeeping services have been taken on to assist us in the interim period, so please ensure that any request for payment or details of payees is carefully recorded on, and attached to, normal documentation.
Coffee Morning Changes
- The December Coffee Morning, on December 5th, will be held in the Foyle Terrace at the Chichester Festival Theatre, not as previously stated.
- There will be no Coffee Morning in January 2019.
SUN Study Days – what would you like to learn about
Brenda Atlee, still working hard for SUN as a committee member, would like to have members’ ideas for topics for Study Days. These are held once a month, on a Saturday. Brenda is hoping to organise some study days in the vicinity of Chichester, and is looking for suggestions. She will be at the next Coffee Morning on 5th December and would like to chat to anyone who might have any thoughts between now and then.
MONTHLY MEETING (Third Thursday every month except August).
Volunteer to set up projector and laptop at beginning of meeting and close at end of meeting. Training/shadowing as from November meeting.
A volunteer needed to act as Safety Member, checking that fire exit routes are clear of obstruction and fire doors are kept closed during the Talk. Identify members with a disability who may need assistance in the event of an emergency exit.
Another volunteer to join the small team of First Aiders: to call the emergency service in the event of a serious medical situation and, if holding a current approved in-date First Aid Certificate (help may be available with the cost of training), administer First Aid until the arrival of the emergency services. To look after and maintain the contents of the First Aid box.
These could be “job shares”. Please contact the membership team.
The Christmas Lunch is now fully booked, but a waiting list has been created. The lunch will take place on December 6th, at 12 o’c, in Chichester College. Price £20. Further details here
Discussion Group 2
There is a vacancy in this group which meets on alternate Tuesday afternoons, in Summersdale to discuss current affairs. If you are interested, please contact the group leader here
, or via the groups organiser
Literary Book Group
There are vacancies in this group which meets in a central Chichester coffee shop on the second Thursday of the month at 2pm. We read fiction and non-fiction and talk about the books over coffee and cake. If you would like to join us, do contact us via our webpage
, or via the groups organiser
The next quiz evening will be on November 27th, 6:45 PM for a 7:00 PM start. The venue is The White Swan, Bosham. New members are welcome. There are just six places left.
The deadline for reservations is the 22nd November.
Beef and ale pie with mashed potato and seasonal vegetables.
Fillet of salmon in a dill cream sauce with new potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Stuffed pepper with couscous and sautéed new potatoes.
Send the cheque (payable to Chichester U3A), with meal choice and membership number on the back, to:
Social Events Organiser
PO Box 809 Mailboxes Etc.
26 The Hornet
Chichester PO19 7BB
Please note that there will be no quiz in October.
SUSSEX U3A NETWORK
Details of the next three study days of the 2018/2019 season are available via the links below. Some details of later study days have been released here.
- December 8th, 2018: Aspects of the Sussex Coast with Geoffrey Mead at Pulborough. A journey from Thorney Island to Rye.
- January 12th, 2019: The Northern Renaissance Masters with Kay Blackburn at Hailsham. Looking at the northern artists with a focus on Van Eyck.
- February 9th, 2019: Medieval Life Through Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales with Geoff Doel at Crowborough. How the pilgrims tales reveal the rich diversity of medieval life.
Those links are not working in Firefox at the moment, but seem to be OK in Chrome and Edge. If you are interested, please contact the SUN representative here . Or follow the links.
Details of the later study days will be given here in due course.
HAMPSHIRE U3A SCN
Wednesday, November 28th : Portsdown U3A Lecture 2018 The Campaign for the Parliamentary Vote for Women in Edwardian Britain: An Illustrated Lecture
14:00 Cosham Baptist Church, 48 Havant Rd, Portsmouth PO6 2QZ
For further details, click the link.
NATIONAL U3A STUDY DAYS
- Monday, December 3rd – at 14:00: U3A Christmas Concert 2018 with the Brandenburg Singers and Organ. At the Queen’s Chapel of the Savoy, London. The concert will include traditional carols and refreshments of mulled wine and mince pies. Cost £19.50
- Monday, December 3rd – at 17:30: U3A Christmas Concert 2018 – as previous .
- Tuesday, December 18th – at 14:00: U3A Christmas Concert 2018 – as previous .
- Monday, February 4th 2019 10:30 – 16:00: British Library – Anglo-Saxon Manuscripts & Book Art: A day at the British Library hearing from experts about the sophisticated art found in manuscripts from the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms. Tickets £24.
If you wish to unsubscribe from the Bulletin emails, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Unsubscribe from Bulletin”. This will not affect other email communications with the U3A. Please do NOT put the bulletin emails into spam! 🙁
Please send me a message via the usual channels if you wish to have some item of U3A news put in the Bulletin. Likewise if you have some constructive suggestions as to how to improve the Bulletin. Best wishes, David Rees 😎
Enquiries If you wish to write to the Chichester U3A, then the correspondence address is: U3A Chichester, Box 809, Mailboxes Etc., 26 The Hornet, CHICHESTER, PO19 7BB
If there is an urgent matter that needs to be discussed then call 07460 109600, or email email@example.com.