Dear Chichester U3A member,
To see the last six or so bulletins, click here
Important Information for the Ten Pin Bowling Group
We have been informed that Bowling will now start at 12 noon rather than the 11.00 AM start used before (thanks to the change in ownership of the Bowling Lanes at Chichester Gate and to new Companies public liability insurance requirements).
Additionally, the cost per game is now £3.00 i.e. £6.00 for 2 games each. The flashing lights will be OFF except during school holidays (including half term).
For more information, contact the group leader, Peter.
Current Affairs – Group Leader(s) Wanted!
Could you lead a current affairs group? The recently formed group has a massive waiting list, so there is a ready made group, if you would like to give it a try.
If you are interested, please get in touch with the groups team and we’ll help you get started.
Spanish Conversation (Advanced)
We have a vacancy in this group: it is suitable for anyone who has recently passed A level Spanish or who has spent a length of time in a Spanish speaking country and has a reasonable level of fluency. We meet in each other’s houses every week on Wednesday mornings. If you are interested, please contact Geraldine, the group leader
The Mah Jongg sessions will restart on the 4th of October, which is a Thursday.
Please note that the venue is on the 600 bus route (not as previously stated on the website).
Contact Nigel, the group leader, for further details.
Further information on all groups is shown on the Chichester U3A website. If you would like to find out more about a particular group, go from there to the webpage for that group, and use the contact form there to send a message to the group leader. If that fails, contact the groups team.
The Social Events Team urgently need someone to help organise the Christmas lunch which involves quite a lot of admin. This year U3A will go again to Restaurant 64.
The help is needed between the time the members are invited to book a meal to mid- November when the meal is booked with the college and on the day of the meal. Task are three fold – (a) taking bookings from our members and processing payments and acknowledgements (b) producing a spreadsheet for the college and (c) producing place labels with menu choices for each attendee.
Whoever helps needs to be at the meal on 6th (NOT 7th) December to help Angela (Sewell) make sure all runs smoothly.
Please contact the Social Events organiser
We will be running a Skittles evening on
Monday 8th October, 6.45 pm to start 7.00pm
At The Barley Mow at Walderton, PO18 9ED
£12 per person to include a Buffet Supper.
Please contact the organiser if you wish to go.
Trips and Outings
Thursday 18th October 2018 – Autumn Tints at Sheffield Park Gardens, and the Bluebell Line – places available
A day trip by luxury coach to East Sussex for a guided walk in these famous gardens for a beautiful trip through sensational gardens in the depth of autumn colour followed by a trip on the steam railway from Horsted Keynes to East Grinstead and return, then coach ride home – Guide price £42.00 pp, or £35.00 pp for National Trust members. We have 8 places available on this trip, as we have contracted a larger coach than previously booked.
Contact the Trips and Outings team
for further details and to reserve a place. (Photo by permission of Bluebell Line.)
Information on all currently active offerings can (nearly) always be found on the Travel and Outings page.
Sussex U3A Network
Details of the first three study days of the 2018/2019 season are available via the links below. Some details of later study days have been released here.
Details of the later study days will be given here in due course.
National U3A Study Days
The Christmas Carol Services can now be booked.
- Thursday, October 4th, 10:00 to 16:00 The Whitworth, Manchester. Unravelling the Whitworth. The Whitworth holds one of the largest global collections of textiles and wallpapers, dating from the 1st century AD to the present day. Cost: £27.50
- Tuesday, October 9th, 13:30 to 16:30. National Museum, Cardiff. Music, Art and History Including a performance by members of the Welsh National Opera. Cost: £15
- Monday, October 15th 13:45 to 16:45 : U3A at the RI, including talks on the Solar System, the microorganisms in the guts of twins, and on life, evolution and all things genetic. Cost £21.50
- Thursday, November 1st 11:00 to 15:45, National Gallery: Makers not Muses. Talks exploring the status of female artists. Cost £25, now booking.
- Monday, November 12th 10:30 to 16:30; Lyceum Theatre – From Page to Stage: Learn about play directing with three West End theatre directors and professional actors. Tickets £37.50.
- Wednesday, November 28th 11:00 to 16:00: Guildhall Gallery: Roman London. Cost £22.
- Thursday, November 29th – Roman London as previous .
- Monday, December 3rd – at 14:00: U3A Christmas Concert 2018 with the Brandenburg Singers and Organ. At the Queen’s Chapel of the Savoy, London. The concert will include traditional carols and refreshments of mulled wine and mince pies. Cost £19.50
- Monday, December 3rd – at 17:30: U3A Christmas Concert 2018 – as previous .
- Tuesday, December 18th – at 14:00: U3A Christmas Concert 2018 – as previous .
If you wish to unsubscribe from the Bulletin emails, please email email@example.com with subject “Unsubscribe from Bulletin”. This will not affect other email communications with the U3A. Please do NOT put the bulletin emails into spam! 🙁
Please send me a message via the usual channels if you wish to have some item of U3A news put in the Bulletin. Likewise if you have some constructive suggestions as to how to improve the Bulletin. Best wishes, David Rees 😎
Enquiries If you wish to write to us then the correspondence address is: U3A Chichester, Box 809, Mailboxes Etc., 26 The Hornet, CHICHESTER, PO19 7BB
If there is an urgent matter that needs to be discussed then call 07460 109600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.