Dear Chichester U3A member,
To see the last six or so bulletins, click here
Our many thanks to all those who attended the adjourned AGM on 21st June and our apologies to all those that could not get in due to fire regulations limiting the attendance to 180 people. I am pleased to report that your new Committee were all appointed and now comprises:
Andrew Walker – Chair
Wendy Andrews – Vice Chair
Chris Waller -Treasurer
Jane Church – Secretary
All the Committee will make themselves known to you over the coming weeks and will either be attending our monthly coffee mornings or monthly meeting. Please ask anyone of them if you have any burning needs, wants or wishes that they can be of help with.
Andrew Walker – Chair
This group currently has vacancies and meets on the 4th Friday morning each month. For further details contact the groups team.
This group currently has vacancies and meets twice a month on a Friday morning. For further details contact the groups team.
Further information on all groups is shown on the website. Contact the groups team for group leader information.
On July 4th (American Independence Day), our monthly coffee morning will be in the Minerva Grill & Bar.
Come for sober refreshment and dainty cakes, plus talk.
No celebrations, please – feelings on this matter are still sensitive, after more than two hundred years.
Vineyard Tour, Stopham, near Pulborough 2.00 pm, Saturday 1st September
(organised by the Arun East Out and About Group)
This attractive vineyard is set on the South Downs (1.5 miles west of Pulborough Station) and produces excellent quality still and sparkling wines.
Google map (opens in new window) N.B. May need adjusting for scale to show vineyard: and it may not work on a mobile phone.
One of the partners will conduct you around the estate and there is ample opportunity to sample the wines and ask questions.
The cost is £12 per person to secure your booking which is on a first-come first-served basis. This cost is based on 30 of us attending although it could rise to £25 if fewer attend. If the trip is cancelled, you will receive a full refund.
To book, please provide your 1) U3A name 2) membership number 3) email address 4) telephone number 5) whether you wish to pay Arun East U3A by bank transfer (preferred) or cheque
and 6) please state whether you would like a lift or can offer a lift/s and share the fuel cost – this would be most appreciated. We will do our best to match up drivers and passengers.
Please contact Chris Constable – here or (01903) 205 666
Sussex U3A Network
Details of some study days for the 2018/2019 season have been released here.
- September 15th, 2018: Political and Religious Change and its influence on the English Parish Church c700 – 1914 with Sue Berry in Uckfield.
- October 13th, 2018: The Role of Place in Myth, Legend & Storytelling with Joanna Gilar in Rustington.
- November 10th, 2018: Music & The Good Life – From Sound to Significance with John Hursey in Steyning.
Further details of these courses, and of others, will be released in due course.
National U3A Study Days
- Wednesday, September 19th, 11:00 to 16:00 BST, at Westminster Cathedral Hall. Jazz Study Day with Alan Barnes. The first half, in the morning, will be the informative part, the afternoon session will be a concert performance by Alan and his octet. Cost £20 per person.
- Thursday, September 20th, 10:30 to 17:15, at the Bristol Science Centre. Five Senses? You may have Thirty-Three! The day will include welcome refreshments, introductory talk, two workshops, a show and full admission to the venue with two floors of exhibits. Cost £20 per person.
For further details, and to book, click on the links above or on educational events at the U3A HQ website.
If you wish to unsubscribe from the Bulletin emails, please email email@example.com with subject “Unsubscribe from Bulletin”. This will not affect other email communications with the U3A. Please do NOT put the bulletin emails into spam! 🙁
Please send me a message via the usual channels if you wish to have some item of U3A news put in the Bulletin. Likewise if you have some constructive suggestions as to how to improve the Bulletin. Best wishes, David Rees 😎
Enquiries If you wish to write to us then the correspondence address is: U3A Chichester, Box 809, Mailboxes Etc., 26 The Hornet, CHICHESTER, PO19 7BB
If there is an urgent matter that needs to be discussed then call 07460 109600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.