Dear Chichester U3A member,
To see the last six or so bulletins, click here
- A couple of members have reported problems with the formatting of the bulletin: if you have experienced any problems, please let us know.
- Please do NOT put a bulletin into spam. If you’ve finished with it, put it in the bin, by all means. If you wish not to receive any more bulletins, then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject of “unsubscribe from bulletins” or some such, and she will remove your name from the list of recipient
- IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL MEMBERS OF CHICHESTER U3AUnfortunately there were not sufficient members present at the AGM and Monthly Meeting yesterday
to form a quorum, which meant that the AGM had to be adjourned. A quorum is ten percent of the
membership, meaning that we needed 96 members present.
As you may be aware, many of the Committee are due to step down, having served their term of office.
It is therefore essential that these members are replaced as soon as possible in order for the Chichester
U3A to continue to function. WITHOUT THE NECESSARY OFFICERS ON THE COMMITTEE THE U3A WILL
HAVE TO CLOSE. We have nominations from the following members but they cannot be voted onto
Committee unless there are sufficient members present at the adjourned AGM to form a quorum.
Chair: Andrew Walker
Vice Chair: Wendy Andrews
Treasurer: Christopher Waller
Secretary: Jane Church
Committee Members: Jill Cook, Ray Davies, Carolyn Draughn, John Harris, Angela Sewell
THE ADJOURNED ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING WILL BE HELD AT 2pm
ON THURSDAY, 21 st JUNE 2018
AT THE ASSEMBLY ROOMS IN NORTH STREET, CHICHESTER
If you value your membership of the U3A you must come and vote. Your new Committee is currently
working hard to examine ways in which Chichester U3A can improve, implementing changes where
necessary. Please support us by attending the adjourned AGM on 21 st June 2018
- Day Sailing Group
There are some places still remaining on the following dates: 29th June, 9th July, 23rd July and 7th August. Further information is available via the following contact.
- Day Sailing Group
We finally got our new group underway on Wednesday, and eleven U3A members enjoyed having a go at a new outdoor sport. Will players planning to come to the next session please confirm in advance with the group leader, so that we can organise sufficient Croquet Club members to help.
3. Trips and Outings
- Visit to Sandhurst May 22nd.
The coach company is Woods, and the coach is picking us up in the lasyby opposite the Foundry public house in Chichester. This where the Numbers 52 and 53 buses pick up to go to the Witterings, near the Railway Station. Please be there by 9:20 a.m., to get us to Sandhurst by 11:00 a.m.
- All guests are required to bring photographic id with them on the day: this can be driving licence/ passport/ bus pass – as long as it has name and photograph, it will suffice.
- Dress code:: please dress smartly when visiting the academy. Please refrain from wearing hooded jumpers, jeans, trainers and the like.
The trip includes a light lunch and a guided tour of Sandhurst.
We should leave Sandhurst at about 4:00 p.m., to arrive back in Chichester by 5:00 to 5:30 p.m.
- Canine Partners Wednesday 30th May
We are all making our own way there, thanks to all those who have kindly offered lifts to others. You should be at the Canine Centre for 11.00 start; the address is:Canine Partners, Mill Lane, Midhurst, West Sussex, GU29 0ED. Telephone 01730 716103,
For all these, more information is available from the trips organiser, but note that they are all fully booked.
- June Quiz
Details will be available soon. And, yes, item 4 has disappeared, but it may come back next week, if the software can be persuaded to behave..
- SUN – Study Days and other Events
The Sussex U3A Network (SUN) arranges study days and other events through the year, and any U3A member from the region can attend these . The events page also lists lots of U3A events elsewhere in the country. Book for the Study Days etc via the SUN representative or via the SUN website.
SUN Study Days
Will presumably resume in the Autumn.
Shared Learning Project
Starting in 2018 and culminating in 2019. Interested groups to undertake :-
Sussex Myths and Spirits
Sussex Martyrs, Witches, Smuggling, Bonfires, Seven Sisters, etc. etc. Contact Brenda Atlee, the SUN representative, for more information..
SE Forum U3A Summer School 2018
To be held at Chichester University June 18th-21st 2018
Some details of the courses, and how to book, can be found here
- National U3A Study Days
- June 7th, 11:00 – 16:00.After the Impressionists: The Post Impressionists to Picasso. At the National Gallery, cost £25.per person (lunches & refreshments not provided). From the blazing visions and emotional intensity of Van Gogh to the quiet stillness of Hammershoi, discover the art that followed in the wake of Impressionism.
- According to SUN, a Jazz Study Day is planned for September 19th, at Cecil Sharp House in Camden. Details in due course.
For further details, and to book, click on the links above or on educational events at the U3A HQ website.
If you wish to unsubscribe from these Bulletins, please email email@example.com with subject “Unsubscribe from Bulletin”. This will not affect other email communications with the U3A.
Please send me a message via the usual channels if you wish to have some item of U3A news put in the Bulletin. Likewise if you have some constructive suggestions as to how to improve the Bulletin. Best wishes, David Rees
Enquiries If you wish to write to us then the correspondence address is: U3A Chichester, Box 809, Mailboxes Etc., 26 The Hornet, CHICHESTER, PO19 7BB
If there is an urgent matter that needs to be discussed then call 07460 109600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.